Affirmations are a key part of my life. I try to incorporate them into my daily rituals and routines. However, as of late, I've felt like I dropped the ball with them. And by dropping the ball with my affirmations, I inevitably dropped the ball with my self-empowerment. It took me seeing a FB post of my sister-in-law stating how drained she was after a long day of work as a mental health therapist to realize the importance of this practice. Something so important yet I had gotten "too busy" to do it.
We as women... and men.. pour out so much of ourselves, continuously throughout the day. To our jobs, to our children and to our spouses, so much so that we forget to pour into ourselves leaving us depleted, mentally exhausted and emotionally drained. Whether you believe in the movements of energy and its presence or not, I think we can all agree that we need to take time to recharge. Daily.
I've compiled ten of my favorite affirmations to share with you in hopes that we take a moment to smell the roses. That we step back and stop making sure everyone else is 'ok' and make sure we are 'ok'. WITHOUT FEELING GUILTY ABOUT IT.
You can practice these affirmations in the morning when you wake up or in your car on the way to work or just anytime you have a moment to yourself to do some deep breathing and affirming.
Inhale the energy of your affirmation and exhale any doubt, fear, anxiety or other negative feeling. Let's begin.
1. I release the need to please others. I have no one to impress but myself.
2. I understand happiness is a choice and today despite what may come I choose to be happy realizing I am blessed and highly favored.
3. I AM whatever I say I AM. I take control of my success knowing that I can achieve anything I put my mind to.
4. Fear will not hold me back! I will chase my dreams no matter what.
5. What others feel about me is none of my concern nor my doing. I will focus on my Creator and not my critics.
6. All of my failures were lessons that have brought me to where I am today and the NOW is the only time there is to seize.. the only time that matters.
7. I am a lovable person. I am a good person. I have immense love to give and will attract what I put out.
8. My body is healthy, my mind is brilliant and my soul is tranquil.
9. My Creator has gifted me all the qualities needed to be extremely successful in my purpose. I possess all that I need just as I am.
10. I recognize my worth. Others recognize my worth. I am admired and loved. Confident and bold. Positivity radiates off of my being attracting overflows of joy and plenty